The LISS Data Archive is free to browse. Before you can download datasets, you need to sign a statement. See below the rules and conditions:
Rules and Conditions:
The published LISS and Immigrant panel data are freely available for researchers. You can download the data under the following conditions:
- Data are used for scientific, policy or socially relevant (i.e. non-commercial) research.
- Users have to sign a statement confirming that information about individual persons, households etc., will not be released to others. Data will only be made available after a signed statement has been received, by email, mail or fax. Care of:
CentERdata, Tilburg University
P.O. Box 90153
5000 LE Tilburg
Upon receipt of the signed statement you will receive a password enabling you to download the data. (Please consider five working days for us to process your request.)
- Whenever a paper is written using LISS panel data, the author is required to send a copy to CentERdata, c/o Stephanie Mertens. In addition, the following acknowledgement must be included: "In this paper we make use of data of the LISS (Longitudinal Internet Studies for the Social sciences) panel administered by CentERdata (Tilburg University, The Netherlands)." Please use the following guidelines if you wish to refer to the LISS panel in your paper or presentation.
- Access to data is for personal use only. Data users are prohibited from making copies of the data available to others.
- Anyone wanting to use the data should contact CentERdata personally to request access to the data. This way we can then keep track of who the users are and can notify users of developments regarding the data.
- Using data in a paid assignment for a third party is only permitted in return for payment. Additional restrictions apply here. Data users are required to consult CentERdata before using data for this purpose. Please contact Boukje Cuelenaere.
- Students are also permitted to use the data for scientific purposes. However, the password provided will become inactive after a period of two years, but can be renewed if necessary.
- If doubt exists as to whether the data are used in accordance with the conditions above, it is up to the core management of CentERdata to decide whether to grant a login code.